Sunday, 13 January 2013

Loveliest Links ~ January 13th Edition

Beautiful Quin is available for adoption from PPAWS, the Phnom Penh Animal Welfare Society.
This pretty girl's back legs are paralyzed, but she's a trooper and is said to be able to move along quite well.
Just from looking at the picture, I've no doubt she's a total sweetheart, too!
Be sure to check out the PPAWS site to find out more about adopting animals in need of a home in Phnom Penh.


Had my hand in an elephant's mouth yesterday, minutes after I coaxed a gibbon into a backscratch. Just met a buddy for afternoon wine in a sunny cafe and am prepping for my first Khmer lesson. It's been a grand weekend! Do so hope that you're all swimming along in sunshine, too!

OH how long it's been since I've posted a round up of my favorite recent parts of l'internets. There's a slight disclaimer in that I put myself on a partial media diet over the holidays, but am still of the opinion that I've ended up with some good stuff. Please do indulge!

..........

<3 Love hitting up The Flicks cinema, not least of which because it's fun to chatt with the man behind the curtain/bar. Move to Cambodia has posted a brilliant piece by Ramon Stoppelenburg about his adventures living in Cambo since 2010 and just how, exactly, he ended up owning a movie house.

<3 Feel like this piece gave me such a good idea of what Dengue Fever is like that I don't even need to ever experience it myself. Hear that, universe!?

<3 Of COURSE the Nat Geo Photo Contest winners are uh.ma.zing.

<3 One of my best bloggy friends, Whit B Nimble, came to Cambo and made some beautiful memories! Sure do wish she'd come back, but will settle for now with a post telling about her travels in Phnom Penh, Battambang, Siem Reap and Vang Vieng (Laos).
Bonus: includes a fun "assignment" idea for when traveling with a partner!

<3 Neil Gaiman has been dropping more and more info about his new book... *happy dance*

<3 One of the most interesting chats about Paris I've yet to have/read, and it's not even from a travel site. Almost enough to make me want to hop a plane to someplace chilly. But not actually.

<3 I, for one, am not at all surprsied that a piece about the backstage bits of the Sheffield production of the musical My Fair Lady would be insanely interesting... complete with mentions of cursing and nudity, though you should still go ahead and open it at your workspace. Doooo it. Do it.  

<3 The idea of dropping over 200 bucks to stay anywhere for a night is enough to blow my Phnom-Penh-wage-earning mind, but if I was going to do it, this themed trailer park seems pretty neat-o.

..........


Do tell: which link is your fave? Got any internet gold I might enjoy? 

xx Lady Expatriate 


7 comments:

  1. The photo contest is my fav. by far w/ dengue fever a close 2nd. Realized I didn't know much at all.
    Khmer lessons! well done getting that ball rolling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, old friend! The photo contest is pretty ridiculously awesome, isn't it!?
      We'll definitely have to practice Khmer on each other whenever we meet in our hallowed halls of academia each eve.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Gibbons and Elephants in one weekend?! EEP! I'm insanely jealous. Thanks for the link love, sweet bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait til I write the post about it! You'll be flying back to Cambo as quickly as possible!

      Delete
  3. I'm going with the Nat Geo Photo contest too! Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could know the story behind how each photo was taken... can only imagine the prep and planning that went into getting ready for those moments of magic!
      Love that you're still reading, Arjun! Hope all is well with you! Cheers :)

      Delete
  4. So true :) I always wonder about the story behind the photo.. Hope you are doing good! Peace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me words! :)