Friday, 7 December 2012

It's Going to Be a Real Good Night: Events in Phnom Penh

TGIF, lovely readers! 

Exhausted as I may be, I'm still going to be able to drum up the energy to make tonight a real good night. Can you believe there's four - FOUR - brilliant looking events for this one, singular evening? I call shenanigans, Phnom Penh!

Tonight 
  • Tis the first Friday of the month, is it not? I believe this calls for a What's Up Phnom Penh pool party! At the Eighty8 as always, and with a siiiick lineup of djs. Stoked.
  •  Debut screening at Phnom Penh's first open air cinema! The event post mentions lounging on pillows on the grass and watching Dirty Dancing at 7pm and Midnight In Paris at 9pm. Romantic like whoa. 
  •  Tarantino Night starts at 8pm at Le Bouchon. Obviously one must dress accordingly. And request a five dollar milkshake to accompany your glass of Marlborough Sauv Blanc.
  •  It's been far too long since I've danced my face (and hips!) off to The Cambodian Space Project... can't wait til they hit the stage at the FCC for their third birthday party!

Next Wednesday December 12 
  • Free tapas? Yes. I will be found at Le Jardin next Wednesday from 6 til 9. Because free tapas. 

Ongoing Awesomeness
  • I kind of want to skip school to go to The History of Things To Come Vintage Sale before the masses clear out all the best corsets and wiggle cocktail dresses. But I'm the teacher and I think that's rather frowned upon. It runs from December 6 - 11, though, so I still have a few chances. Save a 20's dress for me!
  • Obviously the film festival is on this here list! Seriously check out the program.
    Personally, I can't wait to see Scars of Cambodia. It was an amazing experience to interview Emilie and Alexandre, the photographer and director behind the project, for this month's issue of What's Up Phnom Penh. Cambopedia has a clear listing of its screening times. My article isn't on the WUPP website yet, but the mags are all over town, in case you want to read up on this incredible film. 
  • I'm really excited to check out Photo Phnom Penh. I haven't been to a major photo exhibition in a long time, and this one sounds grand. In fact, it bills itself as the biggest annual photography meetup in Southeast Asia. Yeehaw! It runs December 8 to 13. 


So what are YOU up to this weekend!?

xx Lady Expatriate