Friday, 30 November 2012

Siem Reap is Hopping, But This Lady's Gutted


Ladies and Gents,

I'm a little gutted. Here I am, wandering Siem Reap in a haze of happiness and vacay-induced extreme love of life, and I happen to stumble upon the coolest looking bar on the most hidden of alleys in the market area, advertising a show by one of my favorite bands...

            ...Which will (of course) be taking place at 10pm the night before my 6am half marathon. GUTTED.

For those of you not running that big old race, or who are more willing to do it on just a few hours shuteye, get thee to the show The Cambodian Space Project is rocking for this Saturday's opening party of the 8th Angkor Photo Festival at the Asana Wooden House. Seriously how good is this going to be!? Gah.

For that matter, the festival itself looks incredible. So wishing I could extend our trip and take it all in. The festival runs from December 1st - 8th, and it's free entry to all the events. Um, brilliant. I also kind of find it amusing that both Pepsi and Greenpeace are among the event sponsors?
Anyway - website for you, complete with program!

If you hurry, you might even be able to catch a ride to this magical little city with none other than the Space Project lovelies themselves! Hop to!

I <3 Siem Reap - did you know!?
Back to pool lounging. Excuse me.

xx Lady Expatriate