|Riding the Apollo at Dreamland on the weekend. |
Made all the more scary when I remembered, while upside down over Phnom Penh, that I did not have health insurance.
Lovely Readers, let me begin with a confession:
I like to think I'm a smart girl. But, sometimes I am a smart girl who does silly things. Like live abroad without any insurance.
There's a couple factors that have gone into this reluctance to sign up for all the self-assuredness that comes with a policy containing medi-evac:
- A few remaining threads of that teenage/ early-twenties "I'm invincible" mindset
- A lack of funds in general
- The thought that I got away with living a year in Oz sans insurance... maybe it could work for Cambo?
- Outrage at the fact that my insurance, as a womb-toting woman, is TWICE as much as the same policy for PIC, despite the fact that I absolutely have no use for its baby-growing abilities within the next calendar year
- The idea that I'm just generally not sure of what company to go to - I don't want to sink a lot of money into something that could fail me in such a major way
Readers, I have a feeling that many of you are fellow expats, and I need your advice. What health insurance plan do you entrust with your life slash send your hard-earned dollars to?
I'd be so grateful for any tips you lovelies have. My (future) health is (over-dramatically) in your hands!
xx Lady Expatriate