Saturday, 15 September 2012

Saturday Snaps: A Trip to ARTillery



Last weekend was a blitz of busy-ness preceding what was sure to be my most chaotic week yet in The Charming City. Knowing that would be the case, I planned to treat Partner In Crime to a Sunday lunch of gorgeous Real Food in an oasis of peace and calm and art.

After checking out their facebook page and reading about them in a couple of different mags, I was almost entirely sure that I was going to fall head over heels for ARTillery. And because I am right about most things (!), it should not surprise you to know I was right about this too!

So highly recommend the Italia sandwich.
The bun was mind-breakingly delicious.

Poor PIC was a little bit slow at charting the rise of the "Keep Calm ......" posters.
Now he gets very excited whenever he sees them anywhere.
In fairness, this one ("Keep Calm it's the Diamond Jubilee") is fairly excellent.
Loved having an apres-lunch coffee in a loft made of art.



Healthy and ridiculously good food, an art-loft, a gallery area AND a boutique filled with pretty things?
ARTillery, can I live in you?!
 
This is just about my favorite thing...

ARTillery is located on street 240 and a half - a cute little alleyway off of Street 240.  Highly in favor of you popping by in real life, but why not say hello to them on facebook, too? 

(And while you're at it, I'd be pleased as punch if you'd give me a little bit of love/Like... <3)

Happy Saturday, lovely readers! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited it's here again!

xx Lady Expatriate


P.S. As has always been the case, nobody gave me anything for writing this post - though I certainly wouldn't have minded if they'd slipped me a couple extra of those gourmet sandwich buns...!

4 comments:

  1. Love the art and wish I actually got to stop by and enjoy some of the galleries on Art Street. I love that Cambodia has this funky flavor. Would you know if the galleries are designed by Khmer locals or are they expat/foreign owned? I'd be curious to know if art is something that affluent Khmer youth do. Being such a poor country, I imagine it'd be something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent question, Ms. Grrrl Traveler! I will hopefully be heading back to ARTillery, which is near art street, this weekend, so I will try to peek in and do some checking for you. I'm blaming you, though, if I come home with paintings in tow!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a great gallery / luncheon place. You will have to take us there in the spring. So excited to visit Cambodia and experience some of their culture, as well as meeting some of your students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mom!
      Love that you're commenting on my blog. I will DEFINITELY take you here when you visit - such delicious food, and it's down this cute little alleyway in a central part of the city. SO many things I want to do with you guys and places I want to take you when you visit - makes me giddy just to think about it! Kind of the most beautiful thing to brainstorm!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving me words! :)