Saturday, 29 September 2012

Saturday Snap: So, yesterday was a little rainy...




I was just wrapping up the Gross Motor Skills portion of my morning kindergarten session when I heard the rain start pounding. Perhaps an hour and a half later, I was punching out my time card and getting ready to go find Khemara's tuk-tuk and head home to my apartment.

Cue my dropping jaw when I finally was able to look out the window: g'day Venice! Making my way to the tuk-tuk required wading through knee-deep water. I opted to take off my shoes for the 2 metre wet wander, which maybe isn't the smartest thing to do after all? All's well in the end, I suppose though, because my feet emerged from the murk unscathed and my little cloth flats are still kickin (sorry).

But yes, for a little Canadian girl who's only ever seen wild weather outside her door a couple times in her life, and most of it involving snow or ice, walking outside to find knee-deep flooded streets is definitely a new thing.

"Whoa," I thought. "I'm in Cambodia."

Hope you made it to the weekend without requiring hip-waders! Please do share your wild weather encounters!

xx Lady Expatriate


6 comments:

  1. We had to trudge through knee deep, red, murky water in Siem Reap last year. I just kept hoping I wouldn't get sick as so many children had gotten Dengue Fever during the floods. yuck. Glad you made it ok! Hopefully you can stay in out of that mess til it clears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. Dengue Fever sounds brutal. I seem to have made it through alright, but perhaps I should really *really* get started on that health insurance anyway! Thanks for the kind wishes and the comment, my dear!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness!!!! this is CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Suzy, I know you're a good Ontario girl like me - this just doesn't happen where we're from! Especially not over the course of about two hours!

      Delete
  3. Whoa! That looks like a major flood. I was expecting the monsoon rains in Korea to be bad, but they never came...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha probably because it got it out of its system last year... were you there for that? It literally rained from first thing in the morning until after I went to sleep each day. Last summer, there was no summer in Seoul. Soul-crushing. And Seoul-crushing - a hearty bit of flooding took place.
      Glad to hear it wasn't as horrendous this year in S.K.! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving me words! :)