Sunday, 30 September 2012

Best of September

It feels weird to have September come to an end and to not feel any distinct change in weather. It's been such a beautiful, busy month though, filled with starting a new job, getting to know the city better, celebrating PIC's birthday, and making some goals for my own. Here's a look at some of my favorite posts from the past month.

So, yes: I had a little bit of a pout over missing out on fall. For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to cheer myself up by linking to a bunch of gorgeous fall things. In hindsight, that just seems like I was maliciously rubbing it in? Oh well, at least we got some delightful links out of the deal.

I was rather giddy to get to host a showstopper of an interview with cute-as-a-button and adventurous-as-all-getout blogger, Whit B Nimble. She dished on traveling around
Asia, teaching in Korea, and this whole blog-writing business.
Really wish she wasn't a couple countries away so I could have her over for tea!

It was so much fun to share a couple quick, quirky glimpses of our Phnom Penh apartment with you. I know I'm a little behind on my full tour promise, but it's coming - pinkie swear! 
Hooray for getting a copy of my Perfect Teacher Shoes made! This was such a productive little adventure, and not something I've ever thought of doing anywhere else in the world.

I loved that the sink shower featured in the photo post about our first apartment in Seoul got so many comments! Have you stopped by and dished about whether you'd be
keen to shower this way!?
I was so excited that Partner In Crime and I finally got a chance to drop by ARTillery. Not just once, in fact, but twice! I just feel like the combination of beautiful art and kind staff gives it the best energy - and it doesn't hurt that they have brilliantly delicious food, as well!
Of course, one of my most favorite posts of the month was making my 26 goals for my birthday. Seriously cannot wait to start tearing into these somewhat lofty ambitions in October... please drop by the post and tell me which one you want to read about the most!
...............

I hope September was good to you, my dears! Excited to see what twists and turns expat life will have in store for October. Bring on the dry season!

xx Lady Expatriate

P.S. Have you done a similar monthly round-up of the best of your blog? Even if you didn't do a round-up, do you have a favorite post from your own blog for September?
Please do post a link in the comments - I'd love to check it out! :)

6 comments:

  1. I loved chatting with you for the interview, and one day I'll be in Cambodia for tea! pinky promise. You had some great posts this month- I especially enjoyed looking at the quirky aspects of your Cambodian home and reading through your great list of to do's for the coming year. Excited to see what you share with us in October!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *solemn nod to show the seriousness with which the above pinky promise is received*

      Haha it's so funny that this time last year I was living in Seoul, and now I have new friends there and it's so far away! Seriously will be fun when we meet up some day. And please let's invite that lovely Lou gal - she seems like a riot!

      Thanks for the sweet comments, my dear! You're a great tire-pumper :)

      Delete
  2. Whit's blogger name is adorable and that's so cool you got to do an interview. It's been really hot in California too so I understand your pain wanting the cool fall temps. Nice post

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - and I love Whit's tagline of "Livin life to the nimblest' - super cute!
      Fingers crossed that we each get at least one evening soon that makes us want to cuddle in cozy sweaters! Surely a cool breeze will come swingin through?
      Thanks for leaving me a comment, Dale! xx

      Delete
  3. First time on your blog and I'm fascinated. Can I ask how you came to live all over Asia? So interesting..

    www.dressupfiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Dress Up Files! It's kind of a long story, but basically I moved to Seoul after graduating from university to be with a guy (Partner In Crime) with whom I'd been in a long-distance relationship with for about a year. I found out that I loved teaching, and I loved living in Asia. In April, PIC and I traveled to Cambodia on the way home from Korea and fell in love with Phnom Penh. And thus, we're here! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving me words! :)