As I see it, September is the loveliest of all the months. In Canada, it's turning into fall and everyone's back to school (which I, as a total nerd, always adored). In Australia, spring is starting to have sprung and all of the beautiful people will soon begin becoming tanned anew. In Phnom Penh... well, it's hot. And wonderful like always. And those are the reasons why September is the most wonderful of the months.
Oh yes: and because it's my birthday!
As you may know, I'm a rather compulsive list-maker and goal-setter, and not a birthday and/or New Year and/or start of any month has ever gone by without putting numbers down the side of a page and filling in the spaces with plans for exciting things. Following the examples of three of my favorite bloggers, Sarah, Whit and Elsie, I've decided to pop my list up online and share each of these little goals with you.
Some are about exploring the rich culture of Cambo, some are a little bit silly, some are about spending money on spoiling myself in a way I've never given myself permission to before, and some are the stuff of pure adventure.
1. Drive a moto
2. Try eating frog
3. Finish the Angkor Wat Half Marathon
4. Go to Vietnam
5. Successfully give blood
6. Do a Khmer princess photoshoot
7. Try to figure out Photoshop
8. Confidently bike in Phnom Penh
9. Go rollerskating at Sorya Mall
10. Obtain and read my credit report
11. Get a totally impractical manicure
12. Try eating fresh durian
13. Take a Khmer cooking or Apsara dance class
14. Try a cleanse or macrobiotic diet for a week
15. Get health insurance
16. Have an outfit tailor-made
17. Have an article published in a magazine
18. Shoot a gun
19. Have an hour-long foot massage
20. Go on a biking day trip outside Phnom Penh
21. Have an ethical 'encounter' with a wild animal
22. Read all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books
23. Visit a dermatologist
24. Do a collaborative post with a biz here
25. Make my own brown sugar exfoliating scrub
26. Visit a floating village
Bring it on! :)
xx Lady Expatriate