Friday, 17 August 2012

Friday Favorite: Thrifting in Phnom Penh





When I was back in Canada, dreaming about what it would be like to return to Phnom Penh, I thought of the many markets, each with its own distinctive vibe, I thought about how relaxing and refreshing it was to whiz around the city in a tuk-tuk, and I thought of all the fresh fruit I would soon be hoovering up. I never would have dreamed that Phnom Penh would have such fantastic thrift store shopping!

This Friday Fave post is going to revel in some treasures I stumbled upon at a Japanese thrift store that my lovely friend Corie introduced me to. I also found some cute clothes, but those will have to wait until the Expat Outfit feature returns!


Cambodia = HOT.
Hot = Need to eat ice cream.
Thus: beautiful ice cream dishes are most necessary!


Scooped up this gorgeous bowl to hold my many necklaces.

Have no idea what this plate will end up being used for - it's pretty tiny -
but it was so very cute and only 20 cents!
This dessert platter, sitting upon it's own little stand, makes me want to have a cheesecake
party. Could be on the weekend To Do list...
Pretty sure this art-deco crystal plate ended up in my possession for a reason.
How stunning my earrings will look laid out upon it! How kind fate can be.

The whole bounty! Best part? Total cost sat somewhere around $4 US!


I totally get how thrifting could become a bit addicting... I suppose there's worse things to blow your savings on than gorgeous vintage dishes from Japan!

Cheers lovelies! Happy Friday to all!

xx Lady Expatriate