Let's see. Start with the positive? Things that are done and dusted:
- Passports photocopied - Partner In Crime and I carry one of each of us, then my parents keep an extra copy somewhere safe: better safe than ____
- Flight itinerary printed - kind of brutal to read duration = over 40 hours....
- Have sorted through bags of business clothes that I brought home from Korea (SO not ready to ditch summer skirts for dress pants!)
- Have closed down my accounts with one of the two Canadian banks I was dealing with - dealing with one bank is rubbish enough, amirite?!
|I want to go to there.|
Sitting pretty on the 'To Be Done POST HASTE' list:
- Get international driver's permit - need it for a goal coming up for the year ahead :)
- Pick up a few more toiletry items - doesn't seem like a bad idea to stock up on fave deoderent
- Return my library books (important!!)
- Host my buddy from Australia for the weekend ...am I crazy to be hosting right before I leave?! Maybe!
- Re-write cover letter - by which I mean, uh, write a cover letter. Yup.
- Birthday prezzies! Need to leave some pretty things behind for Grandma and Daddio
So, it's stressful, but I kind of have to say I love it. The stress, the rapidly approaching deadlines, running around and getting stuff done... it all adds up to a ridiculous sense of anticipation of the adventure ahead! Not to mention it's all kind of necessary... y'know when you're moving away for an indeterminate amount of time... to a developing world... in Asia...
This time next week, I'll be kicking it in Phnom Penh!
xx Lady Expatriate