Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Countdown to Cambo: 15 Big Sleeps!

Shrines in Cambodia
 
So, as you may or may not know, my darling Partner In Crime and I are moving to Cambodia on July 10th. Please allow me to paraphrase a convo with my Mum to provide further details: 

Mum: So you have a job waiting for you then?
Moi:
Nope. It's the kind of place where you don't get a job out of country. You have to go and show up in person at the schools. 

Mum: Okay, I guess, but you've got your visa sorted out, right?
Moi: Nopers. It's a get-at-the-airport kinda deal.

Mum: Uhhhhhhh alright, but at least you have an apartment rented?!
Moi: Three for three, my beautiful Mum. Sorry.  P.I.C. and I are staying with buddies for the first couple nights while we get things sorted out, then we should be into our own little place in about two weeks? Ish? I think? Not sure... 

                                               ...Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out!!

 

Essential Steps That Are Done and Dusted 

  • Bought some used luggage to replace the bag I had to ditch on the way home from Korea
  • Plane tickets booked
  • Have sold some old sports equipment on kijiji
  • Have eaten at least one serving of each of my favourite Mum-made foods 
  • Have visited with all family friends
  • Spent an off the charts week with my uni buddies 
  • Hung out with all of Partner In Crime's back home family and friends 

 

Essential Steps That Are Sitting Pretty On My TO DO List

  •  Get international drivers licenses 
  • Try to sell the last few things (mainly collectibles that have been stored in a closet at my parents' house) on kijiji
  • Spend Canada Day in - something new and different for me! - Canada
  • Go and visit my Great Aunt
  • Play with my new kittens even more!!

Do you make lists when you're getting ready to go on a trip? Let me know in the comments, please oh please!! 
xx Lady Expatriate